In my endeavor to go Vegetarian I have discovered something very important. I really like Tofu, like a lot. Its delicious. Also, I enjoy stir-fry so much that mixing the two has been a match made in heaven, seriously. So without further ado, the recipe:
- 1 bag of Taylor Farms Ginger Garlic Stir-Fry Kit
- 1 Carton of House Foods Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Gourmet Garden Chives (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Chili Garlic (Optional)
- Cut up the tofu into squares, usually I cut the block of tofu in half long ways, then in half through the top, then finally make my squares. Don’t worry about getting the water out, it isn’t needed.
- Heat up a deeper pan, and lay out your tofu in there to brown up, the pan doesn’t need to be hot at all, totally fine. The water will start to come out and give enough juice to toast up the tofu.
- Once it’s toasted on one side, pour in your vegetable oil, and flip the tofu. Oil might pop, so BE CAREFUL.
- Pour in your peanuts at this time too, let them toast up.
- At this point your kitchen should start to smell like warm peanut butter and make you feel hungry! (not part of the recipe, just a side note)
- Once the tofu is browned up on the other side, however much brown you like, add in your the Stir-Fry kit and cook those veggies down, save the sauce though.
- Add in the Sesame Oil at this time as well, give a great smokiness that really shines through later.
- After you feel the veggies are just about done, add in the sauce that came with the kit.
- Cook for a few more moments, then plate.
- Dress it up with those gorgeous chives and spice it up the way you deserve with the chili sauce.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Enjoy it!